If you are a laptop user like me, who needs to configure network settings every now and then to connect to your internet at your home place and at your office, you will definitely love this application called net profiles
Net Profiles is a freeware which help you configure the internet connection with a single mouse click, it allows you to switch in between the various network profiles you create through the application.
Net Profiles saves your network settings as profiles,you can easily activate different profiles to change the network connection settings.
As shown in the image above you can create a network profile, after selecting your network card you need to specify IP Settings and click Save button.
Automatically change your profile via program shortcuts,
Some other features includes:
- specify mapped drive which you can connect on a particular profile,
- change your default printer
- change the default homepage for internet explorer, Firefox, Opera etc
- Proxy settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Run a user-defined list of programs when a profile is activated.
- Maintain separate desktop wallpaper for each profile.
- Change screen resolutions and color quality when profiles are activated.
- Can be easily translated into other languages using the enclosed XML language file.
You can also place the shortcuts for different profiles you have created on your desktop with which you can directly activate the network profile by clicking the shortcuts.
3 replies on “Change your network connection settings with a shortcut on your desktop”
check this out: http://www.jitbit.com/netprofileswitch.aspx
Nice Tool, Thanks for sharing.