Windows vista can be made more faster in general user operations by simply turning off some unessential visual effects.
Turn off these visual effects to speed up the graphics performance in vista.
- Show preview and filters in folder.
- Show shadows under mouse pointer.
- Show thumbnails instead of icons.
- Show window contents while dragging.
- Smooth edges of screen fonts.
- Use drop shadows for icon labels.
- Use visual styles on windows and buttons.
Step By Step Procedure:
- Open the Start menu
- Right click on My Computer
- Select Properties
- Click on Advanced System Settings
- In the Performance section, click on the Settings button
- Click on Custom
- Uncheck the unneeded effects.