After windows restart or even after windows explorer quick launch items got arranged in a alphabetically and also resizes to the default.
According to the default settings of windows it does not save the settings when you customize the quick launch items ,it does not save the quick launch items location and its size also.
This issue of quick launch items location changed and resize applies to both windows XP and windows Vista
But this can be easily resolved by a registry fix.
Follow the procedure given below.
1. Open Start >> Run and type regedit
2. Navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
3. Locate a registry key named â€œNoSaveSettingsâ€ of type â€œREG_DWORDâ€ with a value of â€œ0Ã—00000000 (1)â€ and set the value=0 (if you find it skip the 4th step) .
4. if you don’t find a registry key with this name you will need to create it.
4.1 Right click and select new >> dword value.
4.2 name it as “NoSaveSettings” (without double quotes) and set the value=0
5. Exit registry and restart windows.
Note: Customize the quick launch items after restart this will be the last time when you are customizing the quick launch items.
One reply on “How to fix the quick launch items location change , resize after explorer restart in vista”
Do you have as solution for this Quick Launch problem for a pda with Microsoft windows 5