Why this COM Surrogate Error Occur ?
This problem is basically caused due to incompatible codecs and other COM components installed by various softwares that arenâ€™t fully comtable with Windows Vista, like some versions of DivX or Nero.
Possible Solution to Fix COM Surrogate ?
- If you are using DivX, you should be upgraded to the very latest version (6.5+)
- If you are using Nero, you can try upgrading to the latest version (126.96.36.199+)
- You can also disable thumbnail views in windows vista.
- One another type of possible solution illustrated below of turning off DEP for dllhost, which might not work for everybody.
How To Turn DEP(Data Execution Protection for dllhost.exe) ?
Step By step Procedure:
- Right click on My computer>Properties.
- Now Click on Advanced System Settings, and then under Advanced, click Settings.
- Click the â€œData Execution Protectionâ€ tab, and then click â€œTurn on DEP fo all programs.
- With Add button, click dd then browse to C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe
Now you will not encounter the com surrogate again but if you still encounter this problem leave us your feedback as commentsâ€¦We will try to solve your problem.