Hide Name In Start Menu is another free utility by intelliadmin which lets you hide your name on the windows start menu at the top in windows xp
As Shown in the screenshot above you can see one with user name not hidden in the start menu and the second snapshot does not have the start menu text as username.
There are two methods with which you can remove or hide your name in start menu.
Method 1 : ( Geeky Way )
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press enter
2. Navigate to the following path:
3. And add the following dword value: NoUserNameInStartMenu and set it to 1 if it does not exist in the registry.
4. Exit Registry and Reboot your computer
Method 2: ( Using the Free Intelliadmin Utility )
1. Download this utility from here, double click to run it as it does require installation
2. Click on the option which says Name removed from Start Menu
3. You may need to reboot after doing all this.
8 replies on “Hide Name In Start Menu In Windows”
This used to happen on my PC all by itself without me ding anything 😐 I was worried it was some virus/malware, but could not find out till the end!!
Excuse me regedit.msc or regedit.exe ?
@Deyaa Addeen Fahmy Shedeed – thanks for correcting that was a typo.
O.k , nothing happened, thanks.
Great one, the article is great , congrats to the author, I just Stumble UP your blog post! , Cheers ! Andy Colleman – Chicago City 🙂
I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. I’ve been experiencing this very same problem with a new WordPress installation of mine. I’ve spent weeks calibrating and getting it ready when all of a sudden… I cannot delete any content. It’s a workaround that, although isn’t perfect, does the trick so thanks! I really hope this problem gets solved properly asap.
Hello. Great job. I did not expect this on a Wednesday. This is a great story. Thanks!
Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.