Yes I know we can easily clean windows recycle bin by right clicking on it, and select Empty Recycle Bin
Letâ€™s go beyond this and discuss a geeky way out of cleaning the recycle bin, just by clicking a desktop icon. Yesterday I found an application called Empty Recycle Bin.
Empty Recycle Bin is a command line tool that will allow you to empty the Windows Recycle Bin.
It is a simple command line tool which can download and double click EmptyRecycleBin.exe to delete all files in your recycle bin.
Letâ€™s see how can you merge EmptyRecycleBin.exe to windows commands and make a shortcut at the desktop.
Follow the procedure given below
1. Download EmptyRecycleBin from here
2. Extract EmptyRecycleBin.exe from the downloaded zip archive.
3. Open Start >> Run or press Window + r
4. Type System32 and press Enter
5. Now, copy EmptyRecycleBin.exe into the system32 folder to integrate it with windows command.
After you have completely followed all the steps, you can fire the command from command prompt and also from run with the following parameters.
Empties the Windows Recycle Bin.
Syntax: EmptyRecycleBin.exe [/Q]
/Q suppresses the ‘Are you sure?’ prompt and the progress bar.
/? or -? displays this syntax and always returns 1.
A successful completion returns 0.
But you can also create a simple shortcut to use this tool to empty your recycle bin.
1. Right click on your desktop select new >> shortcut
2. Name the shortcut as Empty Recycle Bin
3. Type System32/EmptyRecycleBin in the target box
Double click on the newly created desktop shortcut to empty your recycle bin. If your recycle bin contains multiple number of files it will prompt you before deleting them.
We hope you like this small tweak with windows, if you have anything to say leave your comment below