It is very easy to change the Internet Explorer Title bar text with a simple registry hack which applies to all the version of internet explorer released including IE 7 but may not work with IE 8
This trick involves a registry tweak which you will need apply to your windows registry in order to change the title bar text of any internet explorer version you use on your computer.
But if you donâ€™t want to play with system registry we also have the another way to do it with out playing with the registry yourself.
Letâ€™s see how can you change the title bar text for internet explorer.
Note: Before making any changes to your windows registry we suggest you to backup
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter key
2. Navigate to the following path:
3. Create a new registry key by right clicking on the empty area in the right pane, New >> String Value
Note: If you are using Windows NT you should select REG_SZ instead of string
4. Type the name of the key as Window Title as it is written here
5. Double click it to set the custom title like the one I have written in for mine 🙂 and press OK
6. Exit Registry and Start Internet Explorer, you will see your custom title bar in internet explorer.
If you donâ€™t want play with your system registry, you can try this free windows visual basic script created by Doug Knox from here, save it as .vbs file and double click to execute it. You can also set the default title bar text in internet explorer with script
2 replies on “Change IE Title Bar Text for IE 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and IE 7 [ Registry Tweak ]”
[…] Internet Explorer Title Hacks n Mods Tip from TechnixUpdate. Tags: Change IE Title, Customize IE Title, Customize Internet Explorer Title, Hacks And Mods, […]
[…] There is free script which will let you fix the internet explorer title, download the script here, If you want to know the complete procedure check out the complete post on how to change the internet explorer title bar text. […]