Finally after all the hard work of organisers from Delhi Bloggers Bloc and Blog Design, WordCamp is happening in India and venue is finalised to be Adobe India Office at Noida on 21st, 22nd Feb 2009.
What is WordCamp?
For those who donâ€™t know about WordCamp, WordCamp is an event that was inspired by BarCamp and the idea is to have a get together of people who are interested in WordPress.
So, if you are using wordpress, then this would be a cool event to attend as you will get to learn more about wordpress from some amazing sessions scheduled for the event.
These are some sessions lined up for WordCamp India
- Keynote :Â by Surprise guest – one of the top 100 influential bloggers by CNET 🙂
- How to get started after installing WordPress : Abhijeet Mukherjee
- Talk : State of the word : by Matt Mullenweg
- Optimising ads on your WP blog : Amit Agarwal, Digital Inspiration
- Implementing SEO in your WP blog : Mani Karthik
- Intellectual property rights/copyrights : Pavan Duggal, Advocate, Supreme court of India
- WordPress as CMS for business sites : Ravish Ahuja, justskins.com
- WordPress, a lifestyle – Praval Singh
- WordPress.TV – by Matt Mullenweg
- Best Feature suggestion for WordPress – Matt Mullenweg, with moderator
- Panel discussion – the amended India IT act 2000 – Pavan Duggal, Advocate, Supreme court of India
- Writing WordPress plugins – Mayank Gupta, Blog Design Studio
- Making WP lighter – Shreyas, from RadioVerve
- Adobe’s new AIR apps – Adobe representative
- Session on podcasting – Aditya Mhatre, Indicast
- Blogging vs Journalism – Panel debate
There list is not complete as there will be some more sessions that will be added to the above list. I am also planning to speak on some wordpress related topic but no topic decided yet, lets see 🙂
Another great reason for attending the event is Matt Mullenweg, the founder of WordPress is coming to attend the event and a special surprise guest, a very popular blogger residing in the US will also be there. Lets see who is he.
Adobe Towers, I-1A, City Centre, Sector : 25A, NOIDA-201301
Registration for the event is now open, register here
Individual day ticket : INR 250,
Full event ticket : INR 400.
Note: Your ticket entitles you to lunch/tea/coffee/snack, Welcome kit, WordCamp souvenir.
It is going to be one of the biggest event India on Blogging and WordPress, So wish to see you there, let me know if you can suggest a good topic on which Is should say few words in wordcamp india.