There is very simple registry trick behind removing the arrow from the shortcuts in windows vista.
By following the procedure below you will be able to hide or remove the arrow displayed with the shortcuts in windows vista.
Step By Step Procedure :
- Type â€œregedit.exeâ€ in the search box without double quotes.
- Browse to key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- Open the Key LNKFILE
- Rename the value assigned with this key â€œIsShortcutâ€ something other than.
- Log out and back in again.
- You will notice the change.
Revert the procedure to get the arrow again on the shortcuts.If you have any problems in implementing it leave a comment here.
Technorati Tags: vista hacks , vista tips & tricks , remove arrow in vista
One reply on “Remove or hide the arrow on the shortcuts in windows vista”
hey as Pras mentioned…
i too like win + l shortcut much better.. n dis is all new to me…
thanks for dat………