I have been getting lots of feedbacks about vista user experience from my friends about various features and some adhock functionalities which compelled me to prepare this post which is all about tweaking vista and not only in terms of Gui but various features & functionalities of windows vista.
I have listed some tweaks to get better user experience out of vista.
Deactivate indexing feature:
You can turn this (and other functions) on or off in Control Panel.
- Open control panel go for classic view.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Click the option called Turn Windows features on or off on the right side bar.
- Type â€œmsconfigâ€ in the start menu search box.
- click the tools tab at the last in the system configuration window.
- scroll down to get disable UAC.
- click on â€œdisable UACâ€ then click launch.
Get previous versions of your files:
Yes Vista can restore previous versions of your documents.
Right click on the document file and select â€œRestore previous versionsâ€ in the context menu.
Customize the windows explorer view:
In case of Windows Explorer,You can customize the Favorite Links list with new shortcuts by dragging and dropping new elements onto it and also can hide the folders view up and down.
Launch Items in Quick Launch Bar with keyboard shortcuts:
A enhanced feature allows you to launch each one of the applications you save in the Quick Launch bar.
Windows key +1 launches the first application on the left, Windows key + 2 the second one, and so on.
Resize the iconsÂ in vista:
- Click anywhere on the Desktop
- Move your mouse wheel while keeping the Ctrl key pressed.
- Stop when ever you see the appropriate size for icons
More tips coming soonâ€¦