Some of the cool Windows vista (media center entertainment) mce tips and tricks are listed belowâ€¦
For 32bit Vista Edition
Have 2 users and get 1 to login automatically:
Keep your two users and do the following:
- Windows+R (or start->run)
- enter â€œcontrol userpasswords2â€³
- uncheck â€œUSERS MUST ENTER A USERNAME AND PASSWORDâ€ and click ok
- You are then prompted for the username and password you want it to logon with at boot up.
To be able to play DVDs copied to the HDD through VMCE interface:
Go to the following registry pathâ€¦
Registry key – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings
Registry value – ShowGallery
Registry value data type – REG_SZ
Registry value data – Gallery = enable My DVDs; Play = do not enable My DVDs
Services that can be turned off for fast user experience:
- Windows Search (canâ€™t think of anything that would need that)
- TabletPC Input
- IIS (optional install)
- Secondary Login
- ReadyBoost (if you dont want to use it)
- Print Spooler (if no printer)
- Windows Mobile stuff
- Offline Files
- Message Queuing (optional install)
Speed up vista
The default power option has a cpu limit of 50%.
START->CONTROL PANEL->POWER OPTIONS
and change from balanced to high performance.
Wont change even if you load new ones (Best are nvidia purevideo) and powerdvd 7.2 better driver atm but colours are more washed out)
Get vmcd.exe from Gary Whittiker to easily change codecs.
more tips & tricks about vista coming soonâ€¦