In case windows vista the security feature with vista as UAC automatically launch each and every program with limited rights and results in a lot of restriction for some basic programs.
So if you type cmd.exe in the start menu search box it will load with some restrictions.
Due to the restricted operation, some the commands unable to run orÂ got access denied error.
Some of the ways to launch the elevated command prompt with administrative privileges.
Â Way 1:
- Open Start Menu.
- Go to accessories Locate the command prompt under accessories.
- Right Click on its shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
Â Way 2:
- Click on Vista Start.
- Select Run & Type in â€œCmdâ€ (without quotes) in the Run Menu Search Box.
- You will see a msgÂ â€œThis task will be created with administrative privilegesâ€.
- Click on OK.
- Â Â Open start menu by clicking the start button.
- Â Â Â Now type “cmd” in the start menu search box or in run.
- Â Â Â Press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to lauch command prompt with administrative privileges.