To get back administrator rights on windows vista turn off UAC and do the following.
Hereâ€™s the simple solution:
Do you know that â€œAdministratorâ€ account you see when you login to safe mode?
It isÂ the built-in administrator account thatâ€™s installed by default, and disabled by default too,but with a little other tweak you will be enjoying an XP-like administrator experience in windows vista, while UAC is left ON (or off, it doesnâ€™t matter), but with no prompts or right clicks.
How to ?
- Click Start, and type â€œsecpol.mscâ€ in the search area and click Enter.
- You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed.
- In the left list, choose â€œLocal Policiesâ€, then â€œSecurity Optionsâ€
- Set â€œAccounts: Administrator account statusâ€ to Enabled.
- Set â€œUser Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator accountâ€ to Disabled.
- Now log-off, and youâ€™ll see a new account named â€œAdministratorâ€ will be available, click on it to login.
If you have any problems in implementing or activating the default administrator account in windows vista leave a comment hereâ€¦