It happens some times when some of the windows system files got corrupted with time due to various reasons.
If you want to delete a system file in Windows XP you may be able to do it easily just by renaming the system file and just refresh the folder view. After refresh windows XP will create the missing file automatically or otherwise you will need to close and reopen the explorer window for that folder.
But In Windows Vista you can delete or replace a system files, even with administrative privileges. The default windows service called TrustedInstaller protects all the system files by default which will keep protecting the system files and prevent it from getting overwritten.
Today we will tell you how to replace or delete system files in windows both manually and by using software.
Manual Method To Replace System Files (Vista)
1. Open command prompt with administrative privileges by typing cmd
3. Make sure you are ready with the same system file copied from somewhere else.
2. Now take ownership of the system file you want to replace or delete, by typing the following command
takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys
Above command will give you the ownership of the file, but still you cannot delete or replace it before you type the following command.
cacls C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys /G <username>:F
Note: Replace <username> in the above command with your username in vista
4. Thatâ€™s it now you can replace or delete the system file, if you want to replace just rename it and copy the new system file you have.
For Example: win32k.sys to win32k.sys.old
Easy Method To Replace System Using Replacer ( Win XP )
1. Download the replacer utility form here
2. Extract it and run replacer.cmd
3. Now drag the system file you want to replace on the replacer command window
Either you are using windows XP or vista at least one of the above method will work for you for sure.
3 replies on “Delete / Replace System Files in Windows”
[…] Delete / Replace System Files in Windows Easy Method To Replace System Using Replacer ( Win XP ). 1. Download the replacer utility. […]
[…] Firstly Download Replacer form here, which allows you replace the original system […]
[…] Original post here. […]