Recently we have posted a small trick about How to add any item to windows startup via Send To menu. Today we have come up with an idea on How to add any item to quick launch via Send To menu.
This post is about adding some frequent used programs to your quick launch quickly via Send To menu, we all know we can add any item to system tray just by dragging the program to the quick launch bar. Implementing this trick is quite easy.
Let’s see how can you implement this trick.
1. Right Click on the empty area of your desktop select New >> Shortcut
2. Copy the path given below, add your vista username in place of <username> and paste it into the target path for the shortcut
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
3. Click Next and then Finish.
4. Now, you will see a new shortcut created on your desktop.
5. Cut and Paste this shortcut on the path given below, after replacing your vista username with <username> in the path below
6. That’s it Done.
Now, after implementing this trick you can add any program to quick launch by selecting quick launch shortcut that you have placed in Send To menu.
This small tweak looks useful to me sometimes, I am not saying this way is better than your regular method of dragging programs to your quick launch, rather this is another way to add item to your quick launch.
We hope you like this trick, if you have anything to say please leave a comment.
3 replies on “Add any item to quick launch quickly in windows via Send To menu in vista”
Nice and easy!
That’s cool… but adding more and more items to send to will definitely slow down the right click context menu….
Another good trick, there are lots of things you can do with Vista. 🙂